Sunday, January 7, 2018

Their Daily Office


When the other half started on her journey to be a Rev she was encouraged to do the daily office - so  effectively this means she goes through a morning prayer service on her own.

One of the practicalities of this is that when she gets up and showers one of the next things she does is her daily office.

So if I were to get up at the same time I'd be having breakfast on my own whilst she does the daily offiice in - appropriately - her office.
 
I guess we could do the daily office to gether - but I know this is something she would want to do - and for me it would feele as though I would somehow be intruding in something that is particular to her role as a priest.

Or of course I could clean some windows or do other clearing/cleaning around the house ... but instead of that the reality of what we do is as follows - she gets up and showers then does her daily office - I stay in bed listening to the radio - when I hear the sounds of her bashing aorund in the kitchen its a sign to me to get up so we can have breakfast together.

No comments:

Post a Comment