Sunday, October 8, 2017

Where did my #weekend go?



One of the many things they don't tell you about - as the spouse of a clergy - is how your weekends are changed forever by the character of you partners Rev role.

I'm still trying to work out how to deal with our changed weekends.   

Before my wife became a Rev my weekends used to be about having some down time with the children and wife and maybe even indulging a little in food and wine.

But now the other half is a full time Rev I've found that weekends are often her busiest 2 days.  

I had thought that we'd just adjust so we would use the weekday she does have off as our weekend. But in practice that doesn't quite work.  Partly because its only one day - a Monday in her case - and partly because whilst the wife's weekend changes are reinforced by her Rev role I don't have the same unstoppable impetus forcing me to change. 

As her day off is a school day the children aren't around during the day so any family time together is late afternoon or the evening.  And what with the amount of homework schools give out now, plus the practice of teenagers multi-screening (laptop, TV, smartphone) our family together time is mainly our evening meal together.

If anybody has any tips on this whole the weekend isn't any more conundrum please pitch in with how you approach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment